Welcome to the Too Slow for Boston Marathon Registration area
This is a Marathon that in the past was held in Cary NC, and is now moving to Greer SC.
The Too Slow for Boston was created with slow runners in mind and the thought that it might be fun to host an event that would be exclusive to them.
This race is all about promoting the aspect of mental toughness that exists in our sport and celebrating the people who can persevere.
Qualification Rules to Win Prize Money:
- You cannot be a first-time marathoner. You can still participate, however the awards are reserved for those who have a proven track record of high-duration marathons. As a first-time marathoner, you also have the unfair advantage of “not knowing what you’re getting yourself into,” and that’s just an unfair advantage for this race.
- If you have ever officially completed the Boston Marathon (even if for charity), you can gain entry into the race as an “official bandit.” Official Bandit Runners ARE NOT eligible to compete for award money and for one of the three slowest finishes at Too Slow for Boston.
- You must be SLOWER than the times listed below for your age. This standard will be applied to marathons you’ve run the prior year. As we do your background check, we will match your times (and your age at the time of each marathon) with the chart below. ULTRA FINISHES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- You may not exit the “official race” boundaries during the race. Boundaries will be explained in further detail during the course briefing. You will NOT be penalized for getting lost though. This rule is to prevent people from running a quick 25-something miles, leaving to go take a nap and/or do some grocery shopping, then coming back to finish the last little bit and collecting some award money.
- You may not set up a tent or any kind of primitive structure on the course. We aren’t hippies and this isn’t an ultra.
- Breaks at the start/finish area may not last longer than 30-minutes at-a-time or a cumulative time of 1-hour. This technically means we’ll be timing your poops.
- Runner activity on the course is limited to activity conducive to marathon running. For example, no swinging at the playground, spectating at surrounding events, and no fishing.
- If, during the Too Slow for Boston Marathon, any runners finish in times which are faster than their qualifying times, they will be precluded from receiving award money.
- Early or late starts will preclude you from earning award money.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Send us a message via our facebook page.
What can I bring into the event?
This is a Marathon Race. Water, Tailwind, and snacks will be provided. We will try to accomodate most dietary needs, however if you have a specific preference, you are welcomed to bring your own snacks.
What’s the refund policy?
There are no refunds provided for this race. If for any medical reason you can’t participate in the event, we will allow one time deferment to the event the following year for a small fee.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Your registration is not transferable unless prior arrangements have been made with and approved by the race director.