The Furman men’s basketball team will make three appearances on ESPNU as part of the Southern Conference’s five-game package with the network, it was announced on Tuesday morning by the league office.
Furman, picked to win the SoCon in preseason polling of the league’s media, will host SoCon rival ETSU in its first home game on ESPNU at Bon Secours Wellness Arena on Jan. 16 at 4 p.m. The Paladins will make their first appearance on ESPNU at Timmons Arena on Jan. 25 when they host the UNCG Spartans for a 9 p.m. tip-off. The game was originally scheduled for Jan. 27 before being moved to Jan. 25 for television. A matchup versus the Spartans on Feb. 10 at the Greensboro Coliseum will conclude the Paladins’ three-game ESPNU slate.
“Having multiple games on ESPNU is great recognition for the Southern Conference and the high level of basketball that’s being played in this league,” said Paladin head coach Bob Richey. “It also means great exposure for our university and our program. We are excited for a national audience to see what Furman basketball is all about.”
Furman (5-1) makes its first of a record four regular season national TV appearances in 2020-21 this evening when it travels to Tuscaloosa, Ala., to face the Alabama Crimson Tide at 9 p.m. ET on the SEC Network. Fans can also listen to the “Voice of the Paladins”, Dan Scott, on ESPN Upstate at 97.7 FM/1330 AM in Greenville, 97.1 FM/ 950 AM in Spartanburg, and thru the Radio.com app. Links for the video live stream and ESPN Upstate broadcast will be posted at FurmanPaladins.com.
Furman’s “Weekends at the Well” Series Returns In 2021
Furman basketball returns to downtown Greenville once again during the 2020-21 season with four “Weekends at the Well”! The Paladins host SoCon rival ETSU at Bon Secours Wellness Arena on January 16 before entertaining the Chattanooga Mocs at the Well on January 30. On February 6, Wofford and Furman will stage a rematch of last season’s thrilling showdown at the Well. The final trip to BSW in 2021 takes place on February 13 versus Western Carolina. Get your tickets now for all four “Weekends at the Well”!
2020-21 Southern Conference Men’s Basketball games on ESPNU
Dec. 29 Wofford at Mercer, 7 p.m. (moving from Dec. 30)
Jan. 16 ETSU at Furman, 4 p.m.
Jan. 25 UNCG at Furman, 9 p.m. (moving from Jan. 27)
Feb. 10 Furman at UNCG, 5 p.m.
Feb. 22 Wofford at Samford, 7 p.m. (ET) (moving from Feb. 24)
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Maui visitor sprints to help when girl’s heart stops beating
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say
- Disturbing New Details on Pickens Man Arrested for Having a Bomb
- Video: Coyote Sneaks Into South Carolina Elementary School
- South Carolina attorney will represent President Trump in impeachment trial
- Harrison elected chair of Democratic National Committee
- Missing Lowcountry man last seen 3 weeks ago in Sumter County
- Clemson man credited with helping identify Sumter John and Jane Doe
- Answering your stimulus check questions
- SC abortion limits bill with no rape exception nears debate