El Thrifty, the Mexican-themed restaurant and outdoor gathering space located just off the Prisma Swamp Rabbit Trail, has closed its doors for good.
The owners made the announcement via social media Monday evening, stating that a dip in sales as a result of COVID-19 was the cause for the closure.
The closure is immediate.
“Due to unprecedented situations that have drastically decreased our sales, we are permanently closing our doors. We thank you for all the support and business over these past years and wish you the best,” the owners said in a statement.
The Mexican eatery opened its doors in 2018.
In the announcement of the closure, the owners gave a direct thanks to “the countless local vendors who we have partnered with and supported throughout the past two years.”
View this post on Instagram
Dear Greenville, Due to unprecedented situations that have drastically decreased our sales, we are permanently closing our doors. We thank you for all the support and business over these past years and wish you the best. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We want to thank the countless local vendors who we have partnered with and supported throughout the past two years. Most people do not understand how much restaurants spend to support these vendors. Sincerely -El Thrifty ownership
A post shared by el Thrifty GVL (@elthrifty_gvl) on Aug 31, 2020 at 2:39pm PDT
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It