Monday, September 18th 3pm and 7pm
“A Compelling Comedy Stage-Play And True Life Experience Of Hilarious Magnitude.”
Centre Stage is thrilled to announce legendary Ed Asner starring in A Man and His Prostate for two performances only on Monday, September 18th. Based on a true-life experience, a man discovers his inner self in more ways than one. A near tragedy is masterfully transformed into a one-man comedy, perfectly portrayed by Ed Asner in his hilarious visit to the hospital in preparation for surgery he doesn’t want. The show takes you on a journey of pain, anatomy, and laughter – not necessarily in that order. Believe it or not, it is just as engaging to women as it is to men and all will leave you thoroughly entertained.
Written by Emmy Award Winner Ed Weinberger, Asner and Weinberger worked on The Mary Tyler Moore Show together and also have a book coming out this fall entitled The Grouchy Historian. Ed Asner is most recognized from his high successful role as Lou Grant in The Mary Tyler Moore Show, as Santa Clause in Elf, and the voice of Carl Fredericksen in Up. Ed Weinberger wrote for Taxi, The Tonight Show and Dear John.
Tickets for A Man And His Prostate are $50, $45, and $30. A Meet and Greet package to meet Ed Asner and take a picture with him is available for an additional $20 (patron provides device to take picture). The show runs on Monday, September 18 at 3pm and 7pm. Tickets can be purchased by calling the box office at 864-233-6733 on Tuesdays – Fridays from 2-6 p.m, in person at the Centre Stage Box Office, or online at www.centrestage.org. Handling fees will be applied to all purchases.
Upstate News Headlines
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at How Trump Has Given Up on the Coronavirus
- 'Need has never been greater,' United Way of the Piedmont runs Thanksgiving food drive
- Analysis: Barrett’s confirmation triggers prime time GOP celebration
- Family of Greenville nightclub shooting victim speaks out
- 90,000 people told to evacuate because of wildfires in Southern California
- British study shows evidence of waning immunity to Covid-19
- People are literally dancing in the streets as they wait to vote
- US marks highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a 48-hour period
- Family of nightclub shooting speaks out
- Proposed natural gas line has some area residents concerned