On this week’s Beyond the Baseline podcast, Dominic Thiem discusses his five-set victory over Alexander Zverev in the U.S. Open final and what it’s like to capture his maiden Grand Slam title.
On this week’s Beyond the Baseline podcast, host Jon Wertheim talks with two guests. First, Dominic Thiem joins the podcast less than 24 hours after winning his first career Grand Slam title over Alexander Zverev at the 2020 U.S. Open in New York. Thiem shares his thoughts on the championship match against Zverev, how he dealt with pressure during the tournament; how winning this title will impact him going forward; and more. Then, Barnard College president and cognitive scientist Sian Beilock discusses the absence of fans at the 2020 U.S. Open and its impact on the players; the concept of pressure, especially as it relates to the tournament’s semifinalists and finalists; and more.
Listen and subscribe to SI’s
Upstate News Headlines
- Drone captures incredible fall foliage in New England
- Steelers vs. Titans game will be played later this season after additional positive COVID-19 tests
- Greenville County Schools works to return more elementary students to in-person learning
- US layoffs remain elevated as some companies announce layoffs and others ramp up seasonal hiring
- October Travelers Rest Harvest Markets Start Tonight
- Asheville woman, man wanted in child abuse case are in custody, police say
- AT&T donates $75,000 to South Carolina organization to fight food insecurity and hunger
- Asheville PD: 2 suspects sought in child abuse case dating back to July are now in police custody
- Weird Al Turns Biden-Trump Debate Into ‘America Is Doomed, The Musical’
- Emu on the loose corralled by officers in Massachusetts