Behind a strong outing from Walker Buehler, the Dodgers have evened the series against the Braves after falling in a 3-1 hole.
For the second straight day, we will have a Game 7.
One day after the Astros evened their series against the Rays, the Dodgers followed suit on Saturday with a 3-1 win over the Braves in Game 6 of the National League Championship Series. The win sets up a Game 7 on Sunday, with the winner advancing to the World Series.
Saturday’s win was spearheaded by Walker Buehler, who stymied Atlanta’s offense through six scoreless innings. Buehler scattered seven hits (all singles) and allowed no walks with six strikeouts.
The Dodgers’ offense did all its damage in the first inning. Corey Seager got the scoring started with a solo home run, his sixth homer of the postseason. Justin Turner followed with a homer two pitches later to push the lead
Upstate News Headlines
- Chief: smoke scare from HVAC unit prompts response from Spartanburg Co. fire departments
- Spartanburg mother of 4 returns home from 21 year prison sentence sharing encouraging message for community
- Dispatch: armed robbery reported at Greenville Co. food mart
- Rico Nasty Shines on the Mercurial Nightmare Vacation
- Greenville Co. Schools shifts quarantine policy to 10 days with new CDC guidance
- Mario's First English Manga, Super Mario Manga Mania, Is Releasing in December
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- John Boyega's Year Culminates In Every Way With Small Axe: Red, White and Blue
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing