NRAC, Climbing 4 Change, and Appalachian Mountain Guides Launch Diversity in Guiding Grant
Late this morning, the New River Alliance of Climbers (NRAC) announced its partnership with Climbing for Change and the Appalachian Mountain Guides Association in creating the Diversity in Guiding Grant. The board of directors unanimously approved the funding for the project towards the end of 2020, making it a reality in 2021.
“It is our sincerest hope that this will help put BIPOC climbers into positions of leadership in our climbing community,” NRAC stated on their website.
The grant will cover the travel costs, a portion of required gear, and all of the necessary American Medical Group Association membership fees for two recipients. Also included are two slots in Appalachian Mountain Guides’s Single Pitch Instructor course and test. The course will be held at one of our favorite climbing and adventure areas and the newest National Park
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May