Straddling Virginia and Tennessee, Bristol provides the perfect winter getaway for adventurers of all kinds. Whether you’re looking for miles of scenic trails and trout waters, thrilling racing, toe-tapping music, or mouthwatering cuisine, the Twin Cities have it all for a safe and socially distant trip.
Start your visit with a walk, run, or bike ride on the Mendota Trail. With 6.2 miles currently open for recreation, this gravel and natural surface trail is fun for the whole family. You can even break out your cross country skis if the area gets enough snow. When completed, the rail trail will run 12.5 miles from Bristol to Mendota, Va., connecting the two towns and taking visitors past rolling hills and scenic waterways.
Anglers should make their way to South Holston Lake, an excellent spot for catching smallmouth bass. With much of the shoreline bordered by Cherokee National Forest, the lake provides
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- IRS: Tax filing season will start February 12
- Lawsuit filed against ACSO over shooting involving teen girl
- Capturing the moment: Spartanburg County kids given disposable cameras
- Field Notes: Breonna Taylor's lasting impact on Louisville
- NRA declares bankruptcy, plans to incorporate in Texas
- Heartfelt gifts that she definitely won't want to return
- Cool gifts that men actually want for Valentine's Day
- These bathroom organization ideas will make your mornings so much easier
- Governor McMaster asks state hospitals to reduce number of elective procedures
- You can shop every single product from Netflix's 'Get Organized' right now