MILWAUKEE (AP) Anthony DeSclafani allowed two singles over six scoreless innings and Eugenio Suarez hit a three-run homer to lift the Cincinnati Reds to a 4-1 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday night.
Suarez put the Reds up 3-0 in the first with his second homer of the season. The Reds added a run in the seventh and Milwaukee countered with Brock Holt’s sacrifice fly in the eighth.
DeSclafani (1-0), making his second start after opening the season on the disabled list, allowed a leadoff single in the third to Holt, who was erased on a double play, and a two-out single to Eric Sogard in the sixth.
DeSclafani issued his only walk to Keston Hiura with one-out in the first. Hiura advanced on a ground out and then stole third before DeSclafani struck out Logan Morrison to end the inning. DeSclafani struck out six.
Raisel Iglesias pitched a perfect ninth
Upstate News Headlines
- President Trump, Joe Biden prepare to debate at a time of mounting crises
- Police departments in multiple states report emergency call service outages
- Andy Reid Is an Unstoppable Magician
- Nomadland Is a Melancholy Story of Resilience and the American Work Ethic that Seeks Little Accountability
- Putna helps Real Salt Lake keep pace with Minnesota United
- Beric, Herbers lift Chicago Fire past Atlanta United, 2-0
- President Trump went even further than other uber-rich figures to shrink taxes
- Upstate city council approves racial equity resolution
- Family devastated as second member dies from Covid-19 complications
- No title