This summer, Brown lent his support to his hometown of Buford, Ga. by teaming up with Sam’s Club to give five foster-care families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic a $1,000 gift card and a free membership to the store.
“I know there’s people out there struggling,” Brown said then. “This virus has caused a lot of unforeseen things to happen, and I was just trying to find some way that I could help.”
In honor of Brown being named Community MVP, the NFLPA will make a $10,000 contribution to The Derrick Brown Foundation or another charity of his choice.
Through six games, Brown’s six tackles for loss lead all NFL rookies and ties him with two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald of the Rams for most by a defensive tackle.
- Snap Counts: Panthers vs. Lions
- 2020 ACC Touchdown Remix: Week 11
- Brian Burns says Carolina was having fun on defense
- Matt Rhule talks about decision to start PJ Walker vs. Lions
- A Look Back at NBA Draft History
- Should the Sixers Trade for James Harden?
- Who will the CFP selection committee pick as their top 4 teams? | SportsCenter
- Dabo doubles down, will FSU respond; something has to change, right? : Wake Up Warchant (11/23/20)
- Stephen A & Dabo Swinney debate Clemson vs FSU game postponment
- Fiery Dabo Swinney says cancellation was due to FSU’s admin not COVID
Upstate News Headlines
- Weather Outlook: Upcoming Potential Very Cold and Snowy Pattern in Early December
- How to Make Our Easier Roast Turkey and Gravy
- Local businesses prepare for Black Friday
- Heat lamps in high demand for outdoor dinning due to pandemic
- Trump team requests recount of Georgia’s presidential race
- South Carolina schedules execution but doesn’t have drugs
- Golden Strip School of Music opens in Greenville
- Reward offered for “armed and dangerous” duo suspected in disappearance of missing man, deputies say
- Sheriff’s office in WNC staying closed through Thanksgiving after COVID-19 cluster involving several deputies
- Hundreds of Anderson County families show up for drive-thru turkey distribution