Union, SC (FOX Carolina) – Deputies in Union County have arrested a man they say is suspected of starting a fire at the home of his 1-year-old son and his son’s mother.
According to deputies, the victim awoke to a burning smell, and when she got into her living room, said the entire room was filled with smoke. Deputies say she opened the front door to her home after noticing the motion light was on to discover the bottom of her residence on fire.
The sheriff’s office says the victim quickly retrieved her son and called 911. Deputies say when they arrived on scene, firefighters were working to put out the fire which they later ruled as suspicious in nature.
After speaking with the victim, and investigating the suspect’s snap chat, deputies arrested Travelle Burros. According to the deputy’s report, at the time of the fire, Burros posted several “suspicious” messages on the service.
He was arrested and charged with arson second degree and two counts of attempted murder.
More news: <a href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/governor-unveils-new-education-initiative-using-datacasting-technology-in-collaboration-with-scetv/article_bfef6ad0-f2a9-11ea-867b-1bbdc9be7612.html” target=”_blank”>Governor unveils new education initiative using “datacasting” technology in collaboration with SCETV</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Breathtaking fall scenes from around the world
- 'The most important vote': 94-year-old traveled more than 300 miles each way so she could vote
- Rain this weekend
- Deadline looms, but COVID relief deal may be far off
- Changes coming to popular Spatanburg County park
- AARP: South Carolina leads the nation in nursing home deaths from COVID-19 per 100 residents in a 4 week window
- AARP: South Carolina leads the nation in nursing home deaths from COVID-19
- Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania
- Changes are coming to a popular Upstate park
- Republicans doubt Mnuchin and Pelosi can come up with a stimulus deal they can support