ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) – A spokesman for the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the Anderson County Courthouse was evacuated due to a bomb threat Thursday afternoon.
Deputies were called to investigate and determined there was no credible threat.
The county courthouse is located along South Main Street.
Fake bomb threats are common occurrences at area courthouses.
MORE NEWS – <a class=”tnt-asset-link” style=”font-size: 1em;” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/starbucks-may-limit-seating-at-some-stores-because-of-coronavirus/article_db8a8789-d4fb-5ce2-8959-5a2ff33c0987.html”>Starbucks may limit seating at some stores because of coronavirus</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Jen Psaki discusses potential THREATS to U.S. Capitol on Thursday
- Palace: Prince Philip had a successful heart procedure
- 'Super rewarding': Lifelong friends help others find vaccine appointments in their spare time
- Warm and breezy Thursday
- The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022
- US-China tensions threaten global climate change efforts
- South Carolina moves a step closer to allowing open carry laws for firearms
- Texas power grid CEO is fired following widespread outages during winter storms
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Southside Christian boys basketball team wins 1A state championship