The defense’s inability to stop the Saints had consequences for the Panthers’ offense, which was efficient in averaging 6.6 yards per play. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater finished 23-of-28 for 254 yards with two touchdowns. Carolina even ended the game 6-of-9 on third down, keeping things close with explosive plays — like DJ Moore’s 74-yard touchdown reception.
But the Panthers had just three drives in each half because the defense couldn’t get off the field. New Orleans led in time of possession 34:41 to 25:19 and ran 67 plays compared to the Panthers’ 43, their second-fewest in a single game. Carolina also had a lot of trouble finding running room, totaling only 37 yards on the ground on 14 attempts — a 2.6-yard average.
“When you look at the game, we didn’t really have many possessions, so we just tried to maximize every drive that we got,”
- Snap Counts: Panthers at Vikings
- Breaking down how the Bucs can defeat the Chiefs in Week 12 | NFL Countdown
- Trevor Lawrence’s flea-flicker headlines the Holy Cow plays in Week 13 | The College Football Show
- Nick Saban on Alabama’s Iron Bowl win and watching from his home | College Football on ESPN
- Carolina Panther’s Matt Rhule: Myself, coaching staff take responsibility for today’s result
- Gamecocks open 2020-21 basketball season with limited crowd
- Many shoulder blame after Panthers drop winnable game in Minnesota
- Teddy Bridgewater's return to Minnesota filled with disappointment
- What They Said: Postgame Quotes from Panthers-Vikings
- Discussing Trevor Lawrence’s future with Clemson
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Adds 1174 New Covid-19 Cases as Percent Positive Rate Rises to 18%
- Snow Has Begun to Fall Across the North Carolina Mountains
- What to Know Before Moving to Greenville South Carolina
- NC reports highest number of coronavirus hospitalizations
- Georgia Republican officials reject Trump’s calls to overturn election results
- Denver Downs holding social distancing-friendly drive-in movie screening of ‘Polar Express’
- Deputies: 2 suspects face charges in killing of missing man, kidnapping of woman who was able to escape
- Deputies: Missing person deceased, suspects charged and arrested in Rutherford Co.
- DHEC: SC sees 1,174 new virus cases, 27 more deaths Monday
- Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs certifies general election results