Over 16,000 people will get their first COVID-19 vaccine shot at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord this weekend, as the facility became the first major sporting venue in North Carolina to transition to a mass vaccination clinic.
The clinic, which runs through Sunday, is by appointment only. All available appointments for the clinic this weekend are already taken. Atrium Health said they anticipating giving up to 16,000 vaccines by Sunday. The clinic opened its gates at 7:30 a.m. Friday for the first appointments.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- New proposed boater education bill could change requirements for some boat lovers
- Tiger Woods faces hard recovery from ‘significant’ injuries in car crash
- North Carolina teachers move to the front of the vaccine line this week
- GCSD is calling on medical experts to weigh in on how to send all children back to schools in a safe
- North Carolina loosens COVID-19 restrictions
- Jerry Richardson gives $150 million to Wofford College Endowment
- AMBER Alert issued for 4-year-old girl abducted in NC
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC
- Upstate firefighter killed in crash on way to work, coroner says
- NC Governor removes modified stay-at-home order; lifts some other restrictions