On what seemed like a sure-fire touchdown, Giants quarterback Daniel Jones got a little bit ahead of himself.
By the time Daniel Jones had reached the 50-yard line, Fox play-by-play man Joe Buck had seen enough.
“He is gone!” Buck shouted, and every piece of evidence supported this claim. Jones, who has good speed, was four yards ahead of the closest defender, and there were some Eagles pursuers who were already starting to ease up and let the inevitable happen.
And then, Jones’s worst nightmares came to life.
There’s been more than enough negativity to go around for the Giants this season, and this won’t be the space to add on to the pile. The play represented the longest rushing play by a quarterback since Marcus Mariota’s 87-yard touchdown scamper in Week 13 of 2015. It’s the fourth-longest run by a quarterback in league history, and it’s one yard longer than Saquon
Upstate News Headlines
- Greenville Co. Schools shifts quarantine policy to 10 days with new CDC guidance
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Greenville Hospitals have staff shortage
- Ski resorts opening across US
- Townhomes to replace Norris Ridge apartments in Spartanburg
- Second stimulus checks: McConnell says ‘compromise is within reach’
- 50th annual Holiday Fair returns to Greenville Convention Center
- New diversified businesses flock to Anderson Co., bringing hundreds of jobs