President Trump was heckled by a crowd chanting “vote him out!” as he and first lady Melania Trump paid their respects to the casket of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday. For access to live and exclusive video from CNBC subscribe to CNBC PRO: https://cnb.cx/2NGeIvi
President Donald Trump was loudly heckled by a crowd chanting, “Vote him out!” as he and first lady Melania Trump paid their respects on Thursday at the casket of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the steps of the Supreme Court.
The crowd erupted into jeers and boos as Trump, uncharacteristically wearing a mask, stood in back of Ginsburg’s casket, with the first lady nearby.
People then began chanting repeatedly, “Vote him out!”
Trump glanced off to the side as the chants grew louder. The president and Melania Trump then turned and walked back into the Supreme Court building as the heckling continued.
The negative reception Trump received during his visit to the Supreme Court is not surprising.
Before Ginsburg, 87, died Friday from pancreatic cancer, the Republican president has been contemptuous of the liberal justice, who is a hero to feminists and others for her support of women’s rights.
Trump three years ago had said Ginsburg was “dumb” and a “disgrace.”
“Her mind is shot — resign!” Trump tweeted at the time.
After Ginsburg died, Trump suggested her granddaughter, Clara Spera, was lying for having said that Ginsburg had dictated a note that said, “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Unveils New Covid-19 Vaccination Dashboard
- SC DHEC Covid-19 Update: March 4th
- Pandemic puts 1 in 3 nonprofits in financial jeopardy
- NY Times Covid-19 Tracker Shows Spartanburg County at extremely high risk level
- DHEC releases new coronavirus numbers for Thursday March 4
- Search for suspect puts Laurens daycare on lockdown
- Millions eligible for vaccine in phase 1B
- 3 suspects arrested in Greenville County 2020 double homicide
- Hillcrest High School rummage sale
- Greenville Co. Schools warns parents about eLearning days surrounding vaccine