A new Whitehouse Covid-19 Taskforce report ranks Greenville as the worst center of outbreak among areas with populations of 250,000 to 1 million. Over the past 7 days, Greenville area has reported over 7000 cases per 100k people. This easily surpasses any area in the country; Tulsa, Oklahoma was second with 5923 per 100k people.
The report area includes Greenville, Anderson, Pickens and Laurens counties. Spartanburg County is not included.
Over the past week, Greenville County has continued to report the highest number of daily Covid-19 infections. Here are Thursday’s numbers for Greenville County:
- 13 new deaths
- 662 new cases
South Carolina Covid-19 Vaccination: When Can You Get the Vaccine?
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A Look at Greenville’s Iconic Horizon Records
- COVID-19 vaccine help on the way? DHEC works to create new scheduling system
- 70's this afternoon
- Soggy morning commute as rain moves through; highs in the 70s today
- So You Got the Covid-19 Vaccine… Now What?
- Suspect in custody following Asheville shooting that left one person in critical condition
- McConnell backs off Senate filibuster fight with Schumer
- Missouri bill would allow deadly force against demonstrators
- Death investigation continues after body discovered near Greenville detention center
- Deputies in Anderson County searching for a man now missing for a week