Hartwell, GA (FOX Carolina) – The Savannah District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will reduce park operations at Lake Hartwell beginning with the 2021 recreation season.
Officials say the reduction is due to reduced federal funding for recreation.
The Corps intends to lease five Corps-operated recreation areas to local
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Travelers Rest Adds New Shuttle Service
- Local organization works to provide safe housing
- DHEC to receive 100K doses next week
- Summer camps are back at the Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Update on a woman who disappeared three years ago in the Upstate
- Pickens Co. schools get USDA grant to boost digital & distance learning in rural areas
- Wild shootout in Southwest Miami-Dade captured on surveillance video
- This hack stops you crying when you cut onions
- A Texas woman sues an electric company after her bill was nearly $10,000
- New body-worn equipment for Greenville Police aimed at use of force incidents