GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) – Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said he is investigating the death of an inmate at the Cherokee County Detention Center that occurred over the weekend.
Fowler identified the deceased as Vicki Ronald Wooten, 71, of 16 Oak Court, Cowpens.
“Wooten was found unresponsive in his C Max area cell at 1:34 a.m. Sunday by a detention center officer while on routine roving tour,” Fowler said via a news release. “EMS and fire department personnel responded, however Wooten was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Fowler said an autopsy was performed Monday morning, but the cause of death is pending further test results.
MORE NEWS – <a class=”tnt-asset-link” style=”font-size: 1em;” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/update-coroner-releases-name-of-33-year-old-man-killed-in-hit-and-run/article_5f1026ac-0166-11eb-97d0-13782b4b5e3a.html”>UPDATE: Coroner releases name of 33-year-old man killed in hit-and-run</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Changes coming to popular Spatanburg County park
- AARP: South Carolina leads the nation in nursing home deaths from COVID-19
- Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania
- Changes are coming to a popular Upstate park
- Republicans doubt Mnuchin and Pelosi can come up with a stimulus deal they can support
- Jeff Bridges announces he was diagnosed with lymphoma
- Jeff Bridges says he has lymphoma, cites good prognosis
- US elections 2020: Joe Biden and Donald Trump's possible paths to power – podcast
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Saw Come to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for Halloween Event
- Small tsunami generated by magnitude 7.5 earthquake that prompted evacuation orders