SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (FOX Carolina) – South Carolina Highway Patrol says a pedestrian has died after being hit by a pickup truck Sunday night.
SCHP says the pedestrian was heading east along Asheville Highway, 6 miles north of Spartanburg County, around 9:49 p.m.
The coroner’s office says 48-year-old, Samuel Robert Black, Jr., of Parrish Road in Spartanburg, was identified as the victim.
We’re told by the coroner’s office that Black died on scene due to injuries suffered in the crash.
Upstate News Headlines
- The Merge Records Roster Covers Georgia Bands to Raise Money for Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight
- The Funniest Tweets of the Week
- Former Marine, fiance trying to move forward after their houseboat sank
- Greenville Law Enforcement hold 20th annual Eric Nicholson Blood drive
- DHEC outlines vaccine plans
- T.L. Hanna addresses state championship ticket issue
- Upstate radio station hosts toy drive
- Greenville County Schools declines rapid COVID-19 testing kits
- Man charged for September homicide
- South Carolina sees highest daily COVID-19 spike since pandemic began