America set a world record for new daily cases over the weekend as Covid-19 cases spread across the midwest and hospitalizations increased.
The increases come just as Americans anxiously ready themselves for an election season climax, in which the incumbent Donald Trump has attacked healthcare providers and adopted Covid-19 misinformation in his final arguments for re-election.
Over the weekend Trump hinted he might fire Anthony Fauci, the US’s foremost infectious diseases expert, if re-elected. “Don’t tell anybody, but let me wait until a little bit after the election. I appreciate the advice. I appreciate it,” said Trump after the Florida crowd chanted: “Fire Fauci.”
Trump also falsely claimed: “Our doctors get more money if someone dies
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- DHEC: 3,567 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 56 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 18