This story was originally published on Civil Eats.
Instead of taking CSA members’ cloth bags and returning them filled with fresh vegetables, farmers Jesse Frost and Hannah Crabtree delivered mid-April shares in plastic bags. And for the weekly farmers’ market in Lexington, Kentucky, they used smaller plastic bags to individually package their greens, which would normally be loose in bins for shoppers to reach into.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC: Feb. 27, 2021
- Why Americans shouldn't turn their noses up at Johnson & Johnson's vaccine
- History & Hope: Author shares story of family's role in Montgomery bus boycotts
- Official: 3 dead in small plane crash in northeast Georgia
- Rutherford Co. deputies locate man wanted for burning parts of church, leaving satanic drawings
- History & Hope: Retired school leader says young people should 'continue to fight' for social justice
- 'I wanted to be the light in the dark': Mom creates stuffed animals for kids with special needs
- 'It truly saved me': Woman says mask-making project helped her get through pandemic
- Plunging demand for COVID-19 tests may leave US exposed
- Head-on crash kills Michelin Plant worker in Anderson County