Corey Seager homered again, Walker Buehler pitched six scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers pushed the NL Championship Series to Game 7 with a 3-1 win over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday.
The Dodgers avoided elimination for the second time in less than 24 hours, and now have a winner-take-all game to try to get to their third World Series in four years. They haven’t won a championship since 1988.
“I’m still sort of recovering from this one, but already thinking about Game 7,” manager Dave Roberts said. “That’s what you live for.”
Max Fried took his first loss all year for the Braves, who were trying to celebrate manager Brian Snitker’s 65th birthday with the franchise’s first World Series since 1999. But the young left-hander worked
Upstate News Headlines
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at How Trump Has Given Up on the Coronavirus
- 'Need has never been greater,' United Way of the Piedmont runs Thanksgiving food drive
- Analysis: Barrett’s confirmation triggers prime time GOP celebration
- 90,000 people told to evacuate because of wildfires in Southern California
- British study shows evidence of waning immunity to Covid-19
- People are literally dancing in the streets as they wait to vote
- US marks highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a 48-hour period
- Family of nightclub shooting speaks out
- Proposed natural gas line has some area residents concerned
- GOP place bets on strong Nov. 3 turnout as Dems bank millions of mail-in votes