WASHINGTON (AP) – Congress has convened for a special joint session to confirm the Electoral College vote won by Joe Biden.
The session opened to deal with President Donald Trump’s extraordinary effort to overturn the presidential election. The typically routine proceeding, required by law, was anything but ordinary.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Crossing guard who died after being hit honored in Spartanburg
- UN chief urges global alliance to counter rise of neo-Nazis
- Lock Stock and Barrel 20 Year Straight Rye Whiskey Review
- Officials warn of new COVID-19 vaccine scam
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders running for Arkansas governor
- Paste Studio on the Road: New York 1/26 – Stephen Kellogg, Steve Earle, Matt Sucich, Sammy Rae
- Midwest storm expected to bring more than foot of snow
- Anderson County deputy involved in wreck while responding to reports of person armed with knife
- Merck ends development of two potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Disney Will Update The Jungle Cruise Ride to Remove Negative Depictions of Indigenous Peoples