The 2020 slate kicks off with a four-game series between Michigan State and Merrimack from February 21-23. Friday’s contest is slated for a 4:00 PM first pitch, followed by a Saturday doubleheader that begins at 1:00 PM. The series concludes on Sunday with a 1:00 PM first pitch.
The First Pitch Invitational runs from Friday, February 28 through Sunday, March 1, and four teams will be participating. Michigan State will be joined for the weekend by the Ball State Cardinals, the Kansas Jayhawks and the Western Carolina Catamounts.
College and High School Baseball Schedule at Fluor Field
Friday’s action kicks off at 1:00 PM with Kansas taking on Michigan State, followed by Western Carolina against Ball State at 5:00 PM.
Saturday’s tripleheader features Kansas against Ball State in a doubleheader at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM and Michigan State against Western Carolina at 6:00 PM.
The three-day event concludes on Sunday with a 10:00 AM first pitch between Kansas and Western Carolina. Ball State will then face Michigan State at 1:00 PM in the first game of the weekend.
Furman and South Carolina will meet for their annual midweek matchup in Downtown Greenville on Tuesday, March 3 at 6:00 PM.
Michigan State will play its final game in Greenville on Wednesday, March 4, as the Spartans take on the Spartans, those of the USC Upstate variety, with first pitch set for 4:00 PM at Fluor Field.
The first high school games of the 2020 season come to Fluor Field as part of a doubleheader on Saturday, March 14 with some of the top-ranked programs in the state. Game one features AC Flora, the top-ranked 4A program in South Carolina, against Riverside, the No. 10 ranked 5A program in SC, at 1:00 PM. Game two then features Blythewood, the No. 3 5A school in SC, against Mauldin at 3:30 PM.
Fluor Field will host another high school game on Wednesday, March 18 at 6:00 PM as the Greenville Red Raiders face off against the Powdersville Patriots.
Another high school doubleheader will come to Fluor Field on Saturday, March 21. Game one features the Wren Hurricanes against the Lexington Wildcats at 1:00 PM, while game two showcases the Dorman Cavaliers against the TL Hanna Yellow Jackets at 3:30 PM.
Furman and Clemson will return to Fluor Field for a midweek matchup on Tuesday, April 14 at 7:00 PM.
The College Baseball Series concludes with the 2020 Southern Conference Baseball Championship from Tuesday, May 19 through Sunday, May 24.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate deputy involved in shooting at apartment complex, deputies say
- Upstate interstate blocked due to crash involving tractor trailer, troopers say
- I-26 westbound blocked at mile marker 46 in Laurens County due to tractor trailer crash
- Christ Church boys basketball wins first state title in program history
- Tigers Fall to Yellow Jackets in Nail-Biter
- President Biden becomes 1st executive in 4 decades to not have formal question-and-answer session yet
- Greenville County EMS first in South Carolina to use faster, more accurate 911 system
- 'Better to be prepared': Woman says CPR training kicked in when she found her baby not breathing
- Texas governor recommends masks days after deeming mask mandate unnecessary
- USC defeats Alabama in SEC tournament, 75-63