Jamey Chadwell of Coastal Carolina is The Associated Press college football coach of the year.
He received 16 first-place votes and 88 points from the AP Top 25 panel. Indiana’s Tom Allen finished second and Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell was third.
Chadwell is the first Sun Belt Conference coach to win
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Megamillions jackpot reaches $1 billion ahead of Friday’s drawing
- Double shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured, sheriff says
- Dave Chappelle asymptomatic after testing positive for COVID-19
- Southern Conference shuffles men's basketball games after positive COVID-19 tests at Samford
- Bus heading to Grand Canyon rolls over; 1 dead, 2 critical
- Sheriff's office: confrontation leads to shooting that kills one man, wounds another
- SC lawmakers could reinstate yearly teacher salary increases frozen due to pandemic
- DHEC gives update on vaccinations
- Greenville Co. changing aspects of virtual learning before next school year
- Amended fetal heartbeat bill headed to SC Senate floor