This game doesn’t look good for Florida State (to say the least). The Seminoles have put together a string of bad losses since the UNC upset, and it doesn’t seem like their misery is about to end.
The loss at NC State was at least somewhat excusable, as the staff has continued to purge much of the veteran talent from the program and play a majority of underclassmen, including freshman quarterback Chubba Purdy. Purdy looked good in his first start, but will now miss the rest of the season due to complications from an earlier collarbone injury (no one closely following the program is surprised with this injury luck).
Coming to town are the Clemson Tigers, led by head coach Dabo Swinney, and a generational talent at quarterback in Trevor Lawrence. The Tigers are one of the best teams in the country, once again, finding themselves on the short list of national title favorites, but they’ve actually proven to be mortal this season.
The injury bug hasn’t spared them, either. Lawrence missed two games after catching COVID-19, and the Tigers have been without their most talented receiver (Justyn Ross) all season. Defensive injuries have piled up, as well, leading to a loss at the hands of Notre Dame in South Bend a few weeks ago.
So what do the Tigers do well? How have they gotten to this point? What are their weaknesses? If you happen to be a Florida State fan with a morbid curiosity, join us as we discuss these questions and more.
Music Credit: LAKEY INSPIRED
Track Name: “Better Days”
Music By: LAKEY INSPIRED
Official SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/lakeyinspired
Official YouTube Channel:
License for commercial use: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported “Share Alike” (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Music promoted by: Chill Out Records @ https://goo.gl/fh3rEJ
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC Reports 1777 New Covid-19 Infections in South Carolina
- Troopers: Car chase ends with fugitive arrest
- Funniest & Cutest Golden Retriever Puppies #26- Funny Puppy Videos 2020
- Online holiday shopping could cause shipping delays this holiday season
- Free COVID-19 testing options are available after Thanksgiving holiday
- Spartanburg leaders asking residents to shop locally on Black Friday
- Deputies: Man assaulted during home invasion in McDowell Co., suspects sought
- Rapid COVID-19 tests for SC schools in place next week
- Kamala Harris called a nurse on Thanksgiving to thank her for fighting on the Covid frontlines
- Saturday’s Game Could be Trevor Lawrence’s last game ever in Death Valley