The City of Greenville will host a virtual public meeting this Wednesday, July 22 at 6 p.m. to present proposed changes to the City’s tree preservation and protection ordinance. At the meeting, City staff will provide an overview of the current ordinance, as well as examples from other municipalities, address issues related to the loss of the tree canopy and outline the general changes being proposed to the City’s ordinance.
The draft ordinance update will be submitted to the Planning Commission for review this fall.
Join virtual meeting
Meeting number (access code): 129 137 9937
Meeting password: dwE7tfhyN22
To join by phone, call 1-415-655-0002.
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level
- Buncombe deputies searching for missing man