To say Merle Johnson has a diverse background is an understatement.
Johnson, who joined the city of Greenville as its new economic development director on July 6, replaces Nancy Whitworth, who retired in January after a 40-year tenure.
“The city has got a lot going on,” Johnson said during a
Upstate News Headlines
- Los Angeles Dodgers win 1st World Series title since 1988
- Dodgers Win Game 6 to Claim First World Series Title Since 1988
- World Series 2020 Game 6: Tampa Bay Rays v Los Angeles Dodgers – live!
- Egg-napping male penguin couple steals the nest of a female penguin couple
- Motorcyclist dies days after crash, trooper says
- Firefighters responding to large fire in Sumter
- Hundreds attend rally to see Vice President Mike Pence in Greenville
- Pre-election voting surpasses half of all 2016 ballots cast with week left until Election Day
- Donald Trump's campaign investigating 'attack' on website
- New York Times: Tax records show Trump had over $270 million in debt forgiven after failing to repay lenders