The Tin Woman is the story of a woman who receives a heart transplant and her eventual meeting the family of the donor.
Instead of relishing life after her heart transplant, Joy enters a downward spiral, unsure whether she truly deserves a second chance. Meanwhile, Alice and Hank mourn the loss of their son, Jack, whose heart was used to save Joy. At a friend’s urging, Joy tracks down Jack’s family to find closure. But are Alice, Hank, and their daughter Sammy ready to accept Jack’s death? Based on a true story, The Tin Woman uses humor and pathos to explore loss, family, and what it means to be given new life.
Centre Stage is partnering with their show sponsor, Donate Life SC, to also promote awareness of organ donation throughout the run of the show. The cast has met with organ donation recipients to gain knowledge about the process and the emotional toll it takes on the organ recipient and the families of the organ donors. The cast of The Tin Woman and representatives from Donate Life SC will host post- show talkbacks after the performances on June 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, and 30. Audience members are encouraged to stay after and discuss the performance as well as learn about organ donation.
Tickets for The Tin Woman are $30, $25, $15. Student rush tickets are available for $15 with school ID one hour before the show (based on availability), one ticket per ID. Ticketing fees are applied to ALL purchases.
Shows run Tuesday through Sunday and all seats are reserved. Tickets can be purchased by calling the box office at (864) 233-6733 on Tuesdays – Fridays from 2-6 p.m, in person at the Centre Stage Box Office, or online at www.centrestage.org. Handling fees will be applied to all purchases.
Joy Sara Tolson Jack Chris Cashon Hank Warren Mowry Alice Leslie Vicary Sammy Chelsea Street Nurse/Darla Laura Sykes
Upstate News Headlines
- COVID-19 cases rise in 45 states, deaths rise in 30 states
- Midwestern farmers consider their vote this year
- Plaquemines Parish damage immediately after Hurricane Zeta
- Woman in custody after barricading herself in grocery store bathroom, police say
- Dabo Swinney post-practice Wednesday
- ‘Trevor Lawrence is NOT staying at Clemson!’ – Paul Finebaum | First Take
- Jaime Harrison: ‘Hope Is Coming Back To South Carolina.’ | Craig Melvin | MSNBC
- Hurricane Zeta brings wind & severe weather risk to South Carolina Thursday
- SEASON OVER: Wade Hampton vs Greenville game canceled after player tests positive for COVID-19
- Coronavirus emergency continues