Proposition 22, the California ballot measure backed by food delivery companies like Postmates, Instacart, and Doordash, was approved by voters during the November 3 election. Its win means that food delivery and ride-hailing companies, unlike most other business sectors in the state, will not have to provide its drivers with standard employee protections like minimum wage for hours worked, health care benefits, or unemployment insurance.
According to the election results available on November 4, 58 percent of California’s over 11
Upstate News Headlines
- Greer Christmas Tree Lighting Set For December 4th
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate Hosting North Pole at TCMU
- TreesUpstate Hosting Tree Giveaway in Spartanburg and Greenville
- Deputies: 15-year-old killed in campground fire; 7 campers destroyed
- Santa Claus is Coming to Soby’s This Sunday!
- Asheville police investigating after 17-year-old killed near baseball field
- In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020. And women have been impacted most
- Vaccine’s ability to slow spread needs to be demonstrated: Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine is 94.1% effective in final results