Nearly six years after opening its brick-and-mortar restaurant, Cafe Momentum is, improbably, back where it started: doing pop-up dinners. The organization, which employs young people who have been incarcerated by the juvenile justice system to run a fine dining restaurant, got its start hosting local pop-ups at venues across the city before landing in its own home in Downtown Dallas in 2015.
Founded by chef Chad Houser, who got the idea for Cafe Momentum after working alongside incarcerated youth at
Upstate News Headlines
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina
- Shooting on Interstate 26 near Charleston kills man
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak
- Residents in Easley complain of mass power outage on Thanksgiving morning
- Covid-19 fact generator: A handy tool for your Thanksgiving dinner