Brett Favre shows you “stick to sports” means “talk politics if you agree with me.”
1. Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Hello, Brett Favre.
The Hall of Fame quarterback said this to Donald Trump eight days ago: “The NBA and the NFL are struggling with lower ratings, as fans clearly do not want political messaging mixed with their sports.”
Clearly, the irony of an athlete saying politics and sports shouldn’t mix while said athlete is publicly speaking to the president of the United States was lost on Favre.
And now, eight days after Favre declared fans don’t want sports and politics to mix, he tweeted this:
First things first. If you read Traina Thoughts regularly, you know almost every sport is struggling with lower ratings. The MLB and NHL are coming off the lowest-rated World Series and Stanley Cup ever.
Upstate News Headlines
- Anderson deputies search for missing juvenile
- Top secret: Biden gets access to President’s Daily Brief
- Venables sees young roster developing down stretch
- Williams happy to deliver big hit, make bigger impact on field
- Greene thankful for Clemson opportunity, has big plans ahead
- Took some time for Davis to get ‘mojo’ back against Pitt
- Mellusi patience paying off into bigger role
- Elliott says Tigers controlled line of scrimmage against Panthers
- Euphoria Hosting Making Our Mark Benefit Dinner at Stella’s Brasserie
- Some Upstate farmers see a shortage of Christmas Trees this year