Statement on Coach Saban from Team Physician Dr. Jimmy Robinson
“Upon evaluation today, Coach Saban remains completely asymptomatic. To address the potential for a false positive, the SEC Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force Protocol allows for follow-up testing to clear the individual’s return to activity. That protocol requires three negative PCR tests 24 hours apart.
Because Coach Saban remained asymptomatic, he received PCR testing at 7 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and today through the SEC appointed lab. Each of those tests were negative and were reported via the SEC’s third-party testing provider to the conference office in Birmingham. Those three negative tests satisfied the SEC protocol for a false positive. Out of an abundance of caution, two additional PCR tests were administered at the same time on Thursday and Friday and were tested by a separate lab. Those tests were also negative.
Due to the fact that Coach Saban has remained completely symptom-free and had five negative PCR tests, split between two separate labs, the initial test from Wednesday is considered a false positive under the SEC protocols. Again, that initial positive result came from an outside lab we’ve used to supplement the SEC mandated testing. We have been in constant communication with the conference office throughout this process to ensure compliance with all applicable protocols. In accordance with the SEC Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force Protocol and with the approval of The University of Alabama System Health and Safety Task Force, Coach Saban is medically cleared to safely return to activity effective immediately.”
Alabama Football Schedule
- Dabo Swinney updates injuries, preview BC
- Rays vs. Dodgers: Previewing Game 6 of the 2020 World Series | First Take
- Stephen A.: Cam Newton ‘has looked horrible’ & his starting job should be in jeopardy | First Take
- MNF Recap | Fantasy Focus Live!
- Greeny: Tua Tagovailoa is under more pressure than Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert combined! | Get Up
- Kicker misses potential winning FG with quadruple doink you have to see
- How to watch, listen and live stream: Carolina vs. Atlanta on Thursday Night Football
- Panthers in the power rankings before Week 8
- LIVE NOW: Episode 84. Clemson Football “struggles” against Syracuse.
- College Football Final reacts to Clemson win over Syracuse
Upstate News Headlines
- Assault suspect on the run after fighting, biting deputies, sheriff's office says
- DHEC releases new COVID-19 cases, deaths for Oct. 27, 2020
- How the pandemic is contributing to your insomnia
- SUV driver crosses center line on Upstate road, killing motorcyclist, troopers say
- 49 more sex crime charges filed against former SC university police officer, SLED says
- Kushner says Black people must 'want to be successful'
- 'Massive' coral reef taller than the Empire State Building discovered in Australia
- Lincoln Project Mocks Trump With Fake Retro Ad Pushing Covid Drug
- NASA mission finds water on the sunlit surface of the moon
- How to Make Ree’s Chicken Fried Steak | Food Network