October 2, 2017 – Beginning with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits’ home opener on Friday, October 13, the Bon Secours Wellness Arena will implement a clear bag policy for all events, including hockey, concerts and family events.
Each ticketed guest will be permitted to carry one large clear bag, either a Ziploc style bag or a 12”x6”x12” clear bag, plus a small clutch purse (4.5”x6.5”). The small clutch must be carried into the venue outside the clear bag and is subject to search.
“The safety and security of our guests is of utmost importance at our events,” says Beth Paul, General Manager of the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. “Many of our patrons may already be familiar with this process, as it is used by many arenas and college and NFL stadiums.”
Clear bags provide another layer of security with less inconvenience to our guests as they are easier and faster to search. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s “See Something, Say Something” campaign.
Approved bags include:
• Bags that are clear, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12”x6”x12”
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
• Small clutch bags, without or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5”x6.5”
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection upon entry.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
• Purses larger than a clutch bag
• Cinch bags
• Fanny packs that are not clear and exceed size restriction
Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, is allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the arena.
Complimentary clear bags will be available to guests attending events as we transition through this new policy.
Upstate News Headlines
- Watch: Hurricane Zeta Makes Landfall in Louisiana
- Greenville Mayor Knox White, medical officials to address rising number of new COVID-19 cases
- Anderson teen charged with murder more than week after Greenville apartment shooting
- Tropical storm warning ahead of Zeta
- Anonymous author of President Trump critique is identified
- ‘Bubble Dining’ Trends for NYC Outdoor Restaurants | NBC New York
- How Safe Are Outdoor Dining Bubbles?
- Stock benchmark continues sinking as virus cases surge
- Six inspirational children you won't be able to forget
- WATCH: Six stories of kids persevering through tough times