Williamston, SC (FOX Carolina) – Officials in the Town of Williamson have lifted a boil water advisory first issued on Wednesday.
The advisory was issued after a main water line was repaired on Tripp Street.
Town officials had advised anyone on the Williamston water system to vigorously boil water for at least one minute prior to drinking or cooking.
Officials say Anderson Regional Joint Water System collected bacteriological samples following an intense flushing of the distribution system. The results of this sampling indicates that the system is safe to use for drinking and cooking purposes.
Anyone with questions can call Williamston Town Hall at 864-847-7473.
More news: <a href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/weather/pleasant-wednesday-then-scattered-rain-returns/article_0b42d52a-fcec-11ea-8e4e-83c0290a3626.html” target=”_blank”>Pleasant Wednesday, then scattered rain returns</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Upcoming Extreme Pattern
- Clemson fans decide if Trevor Lawrence stays or goes
- Senate GOP pushing Barrett ahead past Democrats’ blockade
- Teen Kroger employee offers his own money to help man pay for groceries
- Daily death statistics from Covid this winter could be staggering: Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- Please ‘follow the Fauci,’ urges CNBC’s Shepard Smith
- NASA astronaut casts her ballot on ISS
- Bullying in online classrooms a growing problem
- The safety and efficacy for Covid-19 vaccine has never been higher, it looks promising: Dr. Francis
- Wildfires are raging in Colorado, destroying homes and forcing hundreds to evacuate