TORONTO (AP) Joonas Korpisalo stopped 33 shots and the Columbus Blue Jackets advanced to the first round of the NHL playoffs with a 3-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs in a decisive Game 5 on Sunday night.
Zach Werenski’s floater from the left point in the first period held up as the deciding goal. Liam Foudy sneaked in a shot from a bad angle with 8:20 remaining, and captain Nick Foligno sealed the victory by scoring into an open net with 23 seconds remaining.
Werenski played despite not being able to finish Game 4 with an apparent upper body injury. And Korpisalo posted his second shutout of the series, while getting got the start after Elvis Merzlikins was ruled to be unfit to play.
The Maple Leafs ran out of offense with captain John Tavares misfiring by hitting the post while facing a wide-open side in the first period. And
Upstate News Headlines
- Trump’s nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, in 3 minutes
- Teddy Roosevelt’s Mint Julep: All the Presidents’ Drinks
- Picking through a pandemic: In Nashville, 90 percent of independent music venues risk closure
- Why the 2020 presidential debates could matter more than ever
- Who is Amy Coney Barrett, Trump’s expected Supreme Court nominee?
- Miami Embarrasses FSU Reaction by Clemson Fan
- Tennessee football Key moments from 31-27 South Carolina win
- #16 Tennessee vs South Carolina | College Football Week 4 | 2020 College Football Highlights
- 2020 South Carolina Gamecock Football Vs Tennessee Volunteers | Gamecock Review
- Protesters in Upstate continue to march for Breonna Taylor