“My heart is fucking broken right now in this country,” says Nigel Jones, the chef-owner of Kingston 11, a Jamaican restaurant in Uptown Oakland.
He’s talking about George Floyd, the black man whose death earlier this month at the hands of police officer Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was the impetus for massive protests around the country this past weekend, including in Oakland and elsewhere in the Bay Area.
Jones is one of many black chefs and restaurant owners in
Upstate News Headlines
- Newberry County home invasion
- Health Care Workers Describe Treating Covid-19 Patients Six Months Into Pandemic | NBC News NOW
- LIVE NOW: Clemson Football hosts Syracuse. Big Ten Football Starts Season.
- ESPN College Football Rankings [FULL] | Top 10 Teams #1 Clemson #2 Ohio State #3 Alabama
- Paul Finebaum Top 4 teams NCAA: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, BYU
- Horizon Records Plans Low-Key Record Store Day Drop3 for this Saturday
- Ranking Popular Halloween Candy From Worst To First
- We Finally Know Why Five Guys’ Milkshakes Are So Delicious
- Discontinued Fast Food Items That Made An Epic Comeback
- McDonald’s Tricks You Fall For Every Single Time