Few industries have been hit harder by the coronavirus pandemic than the restaurant business, with casual dining chains especially feeling the pain. Simply put, restaurants with limited capacity and no delivery options have been left scrambling. Here are the ones that may close in the near future.
Like nearly every other restaurant chain in the United States, Ruby Tuesday has been hurting during the pandemic. But it can’t point to the incredibly unusual circumstances of 2020 as the only cause of its demise. The truth is, its fortunes have been trending downward for a while now. Ten years ago, Ruby Tuesday had nearly 850 locations. But when it was purchased by NRD Capital in 2017, it had roughly half that. And they’ve still been closing restaurants ever since. As of 2020, their current total sits between 270 and 300.
If anything, the pandemic has only sped up Ruby Tuesday’s decline. About 150 locations have closed at least temporarily, and the final number of permanent closures is still to be determined. This all led to the company filing for bankruptcy in October. Although it will still be in operation during this time, Ruby Tuesday likely will not fully bounce back.
Keep watching to see Beloved Restaurant Chains We Might Sadly Lose In 2021.
Ruby Tuesday | 0:00
IHOP | 1:29
Applebee’s | 2:31
Denny’s | 3:43
Chuck E. Cheese | 5:00
Golden Corral | 6:24
Dave & Buster’s | 7:30
Subway | 8:37
Red Lobster | 9:41
TGI Fridays | 11:03
P.F. Chang’s | 12:17
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- North Carolina Reports Lowest number of COVID-19 cases in weeks
- This birthday candle hack will prevent germs from getting on the cake
- Jazmine Sullivan, Eric Church, H.E.R. to sing at Super Bowl
- The history of vaccines: Everything you need to know
- Here's a step-by-step look at what is planned for Inauguration Day
- Two people hurt in Honea Path shooting
- AC Hotel in downtown Greenville is hiring for new positions
- 2 Guard members removed from Biden inauguration due to fringe militia group ties, official says
- President-elect Biden to propose 8-year citizenship path for immigrants
- Furman Paladins Put Perfect SoCon Record On The Line At VMI Wednesday Night