“If you don’t look at the clock, time goes by faster,” I say to the chef de partie I’m working with in the kitchen at Lazy Bear, the Michelin-starred restaurant in the Mission where I’ve been a commis chef for the past seven months, prepping ingredients and plating food.
“You should say that in an African accent,” says a white chef who is standing nearby.
I stop picking the herbs we need for garnish and look at this chef, unable
Upstate News Headlines
- Road to 270: President Trump's best path to victory hinges on two vital swing states
- Rays hold off Dodgers 6-4 to even up World Series
- In rebuke of President Trump, former President Obama urges voters to show up for Joe Biden
- Russia and Iran obtained US voter data in bid to sow unrest before election, FBI warns
- Crazy Quesadilla donating portion of sales Nov. 3 to family of Sgt. Jumper
- New images show NASA spacecraft’s historic landing on asteroid
- White woman caught on video yelling obscenities at a Black Starbucks barista over face mask
- Anderson PD searching for two runaway teens missing from apartment complex
- Senate Republicans defend Barrett against new report
- Moe and Madison battle for North Carolina's 11th Congressional District