We’ve got Carolina ribs from Carolina, announces Pitmaster Ed Mitchell to the crowd during filming for the show “Throwdown! with Bobby Flay” in Raleigh, North Carolina. | Photo by Corey Lowenstein/Raleigh News & Observer/Tribune News Service via Getty Images
Expect chopped barbecue, ribs, and slow-smoked chicken
After a series of pandemic-related delays, beloved pitmaster Ed Mitchell and his son Ryan are finally ready to begin serving their famous eastern Carolina-style barbecue.
The Mitchells’ delivery-only ghost kitchen approach launching this Friday, March 5, isn’t what they originally had in mind. More than a year ago, the family announced plans to team up with Lou Moshakos and his daughter Amber, who run the popular local Carolina Ale House chain and a series of other restaurants. The new venture would be called the Preserve and open near Raleigh’s North Hills neighborhood just inside the beltway.
“We’re preserving a lot of things, the art of
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- 814 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths reported in South Carolina April 14th
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway