Houston joins the 2004 Boston Red Sox as the only teams in baseball history to force a Game 7 after falling behind, 3-0.
What a difference three days makes.
The Astros beat the Rays, 7-4, on Friday to even the American League Championship Series at three games apiece, forcing a decisive Game 7 on Saturday. With the win, Houston joins the 2004 Red Sox as the only team in major league history to force a Game 7 after falling behind, 3-0, in a best-of-seven series.
The Astros bats have awaken following a listless start to the series in which they scored five total runs in the first three games. Houston pulled off back-to-back 4-3 wins in Games 4 and 5, with Thursday’s victory coming on a walk-off home run by shortstop Carlos Correa.
Friday’s win was more lopsided. After Tampa Bay took a 1-0 lead in the second inning on a Willy
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It