On February 18, Greenville Police officers responded to Haywood Road regarding reports of an armed robbery that occurred in the afternoon.
Once officers began their investigation on scene of the armed robbery, another officer located subjects who matched the description given by officers on scene.
Charges for Ryan Makai Smoot, 19, include Unlawful Carry of a Pistol, Possession of Schedule III and Possession of a Schedule IV Substance. A juvenile involved is charged with Possession of a Handgun under 18, Possession of Schedule III and Possession of a Schedule IV Substance.
Upstate News Headlines
- Kendra Kent: Impact from Zeta brings severe weather
- Spartanburg County voting site
- Upstate woman’s voting rights restored
- Crews prepare for severe weather
- Weather update – Oct. 28 – 4 pm
- Henderson Co. braces for impacts from Zeta
- Swamp Rabbit Trail attack
- Greenville voters brave the rainy weather to cast their ballots, waited hours
- Anderson Interfaith Ministries builds a permanent drive-thru pantry to serve those in need
- Total Ministries and Sbg Co nonprofits need donations for families during holidays