David Letterman’s first show after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks featured two guests: Dan Rather and Regis Philbin. Rather became emotional, while Letterman and Philbin engaged in a somewhat more lighthearted conversation, establishment a blueprint for how to return to late-night entertainment in the dizzying wake of that tragedy.
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina Reports Highest Daily Total New Covid-19 Infections Friday
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level