In this week’s Beyond the Headlines, The Post and Courier’s Thad Moore, Mitch Pugh, and Glenn Smith discuss the events surrounding Murdaugh case.
Here’s what is known so far about the Paul Murdaugh Shooting:
- Colleton County Coroner Richard Harvey places the time of death for Paul Murdaugh and his mother between between 9 and 9:30 p.m
- Both victims were shot multiple times
- Unconfirmed reports say Paul Murdaugh was killed by a shotgun while his mother was shot with an assualt rifle
- SLED is “in contact” with the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office
- A 911 call came in around 10 p.m. stating that two people were shot dead at an address on Moselle Road in Islandton on a 174-acre parcel of land owned by the Murdaugh family
- The bodies were found by Alex Murdaugh, husband of Maggie Murdaugh and father of Paul
- Both bodies were found outside, near a dog kennel, with multiple gunshot wounds
- Alex Murdaugh claims to have been out at the time of the shooting
- The father, Alex Murdaugh, is a senior member of the prominent South Carolina Murdaugh law firm
- Colleton County Sheriff’s Office said it turned the investigation over to SLED because of a conflict of interest
- Alex Murdaugh was named by authorities as a “Person of Interest” in the case. More on that here.