View from the boulder-covered summit of Blackrock in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. Photo from Getty Images
Do you love hiking and beer? Then oh boy do we have a job for you.
Devils Backbone Brewing Company in Lexington, VA is sponsoring one lucky person to hike the Appalachian Trail in 2021. This spring, the company is accepting applications for their 2021 Chief Hiking Officer. The Chief Hiking Officer will be outfitted with gear, flown to the trailhead, and thrown some “big ol’ beer parties” along the way. They’ll also receive a $20k stipend.
How do you know if you’re qualified? “You’ve gotta love hiking and beer. We mean really love it. We’re talking 2,200 miles, camping under the stars, pack-in-pack-out for 5-7 months love it.” The company says on their website.
Applicants must be experienced hikers and live in DC, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey,
Upstate News Headlines
- Changes coming to popular Spatanburg County park
- Supreme Court rejects GOP attempt to require mail-in ballots be received by Election Day in Pennsylvania
- Changes are coming to a popular Upstate park
- Republicans doubt Mnuchin and Pelosi can come up with a stimulus deal they can support
- Jeff Bridges announces he was diagnosed with lymphoma
- Jeff Bridges says he has lymphoma, cites good prognosis
- US elections 2020: Joe Biden and Donald Trump's possible paths to power – podcast
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Saw Come to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for Halloween Event
- Small tsunami generated by magnitude 7.5 earthquake that prompted evacuation orders
- NASCAR reinstates driver Kyle Larson after he was suspended for saying a racial slur