Children’s Cancer Partners of the Carolinas (CCP) is pleased to announce its newest event, A Taste of Thankfulness, a stay-at-home culinary experience event benefiting children from all over the Upstate and throughout the Carolinas. The event will be held Monday, November 16 and livestreamed from The Kennedy located in downtown Spartanburg, SC. The esteemed chef of the evening is Chef Jamie Cribb from The Kennedy, and the event host is nationally recognized television broadcast and personality Tyler Ryan of Columbia, SC.
The main event will take place virtually from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. This event will feature recipes that will help with your holiday menus, as guests cook alongside Chef Cribb. The evening will feature four savory small plate recipes including a twist on a holiday favorite with wine provided by Blue Marlin of Columbia and dessert from Caroline’s Cakes of Spartanburg that will feature its famous “melt-in-your-mouth” caramel icing. In addition, guests will enjoy musical entertainment and hear stories of hope from CCP families and supporters.
CCP serves children battling cancer throughout the Carolinas. Established in 2001, CCP helps overcome the enormous challenges of treatment access and financial needs, providing funds for travel expenses, lodging, and meals away from home. With only nine pediatric cancer treatment locations in the two states, families must often travel great distances for lifesaving treatment, sometimes to New York, Houston or beyond. CCP currently serves over 1,200 families that are facing childhood cancer. By providing the assistance they need, families can focus on their child during their cancer journey.
Tickets and sponsor opportunities are available at ChildrensCancerPartners.org. Proceeds raised from the Taste of Thankfulness event will directly impact Carolina children on their cancer journey.
Upstate News Headlines
- ONLY on FOX: Meet Frank Hart, a 94-year-old Union Co. resident serving on the school board
- Anderson Co. deputies: 21 arrested in prostitution bust
- From South Carolina to Vegas, Daisy Cakes hasn’t lost its family roots
- 10 Great Gifts for Movie Lovers – 2020
- Police: Asheville man arrested for kidnapping, assaulting man inside residence
- Asheville PD searching for man they say forced his way into home, took aim at another man
- Rina Sawayama Shares New Song “LUCID,” Announces SAWAYAMA Deluxe Edition
- Wednesday Practice Insider: Tigers getting healthy, but lose valuable receiver
- Anderson Co. deputies searching for woman accused of battery
- The 20 Best Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix (Nov. 2020)