This was the first show I shared with our daughter. She was in middle school at the time and I persuaded her to go with me to Horizon Records and the Bohemian Cafe to see my then new favorite band; The Avett Brothers. She agreed to go but demanded some strawberry cake as part of the deal.
When we got to the Bohemian Cafe, the place was packed. Although The Avett Brothers hadn’t quite blown up, you could tell the momentum was building and their fan-base growing. I had seen the band at the Handlebar a few months earlier and this crowd was twice that size.
Check out the Music …
Luckily, we found a spot in the back of the Bohemian next to the bar and settled in for one of the best days of music I’ve ever had the pleasure to enjoy. With our daughter standing on the bar to get a better view and friends all around, the day was perfect.
I know my daughter enjoyed the cake but I was more happy that she enjoyed the band. She’s now seen The Avett Brothers more than a dozen times and live music is something that always brings us together. With shows opening back up across the Upstate, I look forward to making more memories in the future.
Thanks as always to Gene at Horizon for making these shows happen!
More Music Posts You Will Enjoy…
- National coronavirus updates: Pandemic enters new phase in US as experts shift focus to new hot spots
- Flames rip through apartment building in early-morning fire
- 'This was a huge reprieve': Park reopening allows loved ones to reunite on closed US-Canada border
- Simple changes that lead to huge weight loss
- 7 shot at Louisville protest over fatal police shooting
- Best breakfasts for weight loss
- People on TikTok are discovering that dishwashers have filters and the results will horrify you
- Disney will deploy ‘social distancing squad’ to help enforce rules
- WATCH: Community holds drive-by parade for World War II veteran in hospice care