President Donald Trump is expected to hand out around 100 presidential pardons on his final day in the White House, as President-elect Joe Biden prepares to be sworn in Wednesday. NBC’s Tracie Potts has the latest from Washington as Trump bids farewell to the presidency and Biden plans to reverse several of his predecessor’s actions.
Cabarrus County is lowering the age requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations, allowing adults 65 and older to schedule appointments for the vaccine. Publix pharmacies across South Carolina will also be offering the vaccine, with appointments now available for scheduling.
And speaking of presidential pardons, Ben Thompson connects the dots on the controversial history that dates back to the earliest years of America, and a relatively recent pardon that spelled the end of a former president’s career.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Greenville Zoo Announces Auction for Right to Name Baby Giraffe
- Man gets stuck on a ski lift for hours, asks ski patrol how to pee
- Sheriff: Man arrested after beating woman, setting fire to home, multiple cars
- Kings of Leon Hone Their Formula on When You See Yourself
- The 10 Albums We're Most Excited About in March
- TV Rewind: Columbo Is a Gift that Will Never Stop Giving
- Sheriff: Suspect charged with attempted murder, 3 counts of arson after setting home, cars on fire
- Some children suffering inflammatory syndrome after testing positive for COVID-19
- Reports: New York officials altered count of nursing home deaths
- WATCH: These baby sheep 'jump around' in farmer's viral video