Despite being one of the top states for COVID-19 vaccinations, North Carolina is facing a supply of available vaccines. This has led to many counties, including Mecklenburg, to pause the scheduling of new appointments for vaccinations. Billie Jean Shaw joins Wake Up Charlotte To Go with details on how state officials plan to remedy the situation and what they have in mind for counties moving forward.
President Biden is calling for more economic relief as the House plans to take a vote on his proposed stimulus package. The plan would include $1,400 checks for most Americans and provide other benefits to those still out of work due to the pandemic. This happens as former President Donald Trump prepares for his impeachment trial that’s set to begin next month following the House’s delivery of an article of impeachment to the Senate Monday.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ board will meet Tuesday night to discuss possible plans for a return to in-person learning. Richard DeVayne has the latest on what parents say they need from the district for their kids.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Sheriff's Office: Daycare on lockdown as deputies search for two suspects in Laurens County
- Upstate Weekend Highlights, Our Picks for Upstate Things to Do :: March 5-7th
- Deputies: Henderson County man charged with statutory rape of a runaway juvenile
- FLORIDA MAN Throws Alligator Through Wendy’s Drive-Thru Window!
- Ex-Laurel City police chief accused of setting fires across Maryland
- Deputies: Search ongoing for two stolen vehicle suspects; Upstate daycares on lockdown
- SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament Features 4 Games Thursday
- Clemson vs. Syracuse Men’s Basketball Highlights
- Doughnut Chains Ranked From Worst To Best
- US Capitol increases security over QAnon conspiracy Trump will reclaim presidency